Did You Know?
- That Big Brothers Big Sisters is the largest youth mentoring organization of its kind?
- That over 900 children were served in 2011?
- That the agency has mentored children in this community for over 40 years beginning in 1969?
- That there are currently over 30 boys waiting for a Big Brothers in Dalton, Whitfield, and Murray counties?
- That parents, volunteers and children participating in the program, overwhelmingly report a positive experience?
Program Outcome Facts:
- That Littles in the Big Brothers Big Sisters program have higher levels of social acceptance by their peers?
- That Littles in the Big Brothers Big Sisters program have higher levels of scholastic competence?
- That Littles in the Big Brothers Big Sisters program improve their grades?
- That Littles in the Big Brothers Big Sisters program have more greater levels of parental trust?
- That Littles in the Big Brothers Big Sisters program have greater concern for peers and the community?
Getting Involved Facts:
- That it only takes a couple of hours a week to improve the life of a child through the Big Brothers Big Sisters program?
- That it costs no money to make a difference in the life of a child?
- That Big Brothers Big Sisters takes great care in matching mentors with children who share similar interests, hobbies and personality traits?
- That once you become a Big in the program, professional support staff are available to help you through any questions or concerns regarding your match relationship?
- That Bigs do not have to have any specialized training or experience to be a positive influence in the life of a child?
- That you can sign up to be a Big Brother or Big Sister by clicking here or donate to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwest Georgia Mountains by clicking here?
- Children matched with a Big Brother or Big Sister show improvements in confidence, academic performance and competence in just one year.
Start Something™ BIG today!