It’s not just a donation. It’s an investment in a child’s future.
Support from individuals like you is vital to provide mentors for children in our community. And we know they need them. It isn’t easy being a kid these days. In these complex and confusing times, children need a caring adult to be a mentor and a friend—someone they can talk to, have fun with, and learn from.
When you donate online to Big Brothers Big Sisters, you join our cause and directly support children in our community. No matter how little or big the amount, donating can start making a difference in the lives of young people around you.
Donating pays dividends.
Research shows that our mentoring works. Kids with a Big Brother or Big Sister show real differences in their personal and academic lives. They are:
- More confident in their schoolwork performance
- Able to get along better with their families
- 52% less likely to skip school.
Your support goes far.
Your financial support helps us provide our programs and services in our local community—so we can develop more college graduates, community leaders and entrepreneurs.
Roughly 90% of every dollar you give goes directly to making and supporting matches between Littles and Bigs. Great Nonprofits, a leading provider of reviews and ratings of nonprofit organizations throughout the U.S., has ranked our national affiliate, Big Brothers Big Sisters of America as a top Children’s and Families Nonprofit and awarded our organization a 5-star rating. This means you can rest assured that we are using donations wisely.
Giving will help to:
- Recruit new Big Brother and Big Sister volunteers
- Cover the costs of background checks and insurance, while ensuring trained professionals match children to caring and responsible Bigs
- Offer one-to-one, ongoing supervision and support for every match
- Provide cultural and social activities to enrich the opportunities for children
- Your donation goes to your community. When you donate online to Big Brothers Big Sisters, you directly support children in your community.
No matter how much you give, donating will improve the lives of young people in your community. Your
donation will help them meet the challenges of growing up into happy, confident young adults.